More information is available from the link <About Us> and you can contact with us via <email@example.com>
7th Urban and Regional Research Network (URRN) Symposium Urban and Regional Research Network Symposium
CITIES AND REGIONS OF TURKEY 2020
10-11-12 September, 2020
TIME TO REVISIT CONCEPTS, THEORIES, PLANNING APPROACHES, EXISTING POLICIES AND INSTITUTIONS
Cities have been experiencing significant changes and transformations in Turkey, since the 1980s -particularly after 2000-, while policies regarding urban and regional development have changed substantially especially through piecemeal regulations. All of these changes have called for the re-conceptualizations of the city and the region as well as current planning theories. It turned out to be compulsory to discuss the required regulations for cities and regions to address the ongoing problems and keep up with the developments in the world, and to re-consider a new road map.
Thus, “Cities and Regions of Turkey 2020” is defined as the theme of the 7th Urban and Regional Research Network Symposium. It is aimed to discuss a number of questions regarding cities and regions under the below-mentioned headings. Nevertheless, studies addressing different questions are also welcomed to be presented in the Symposium.
CONCEPTUALIZATION AND THEORETICAL CONCERNS
- Understanding and conceptualizing the changing dynamics of cities and regions: How far are the current concepts adequate?
- How to conceptualize the city when the distinction between rural and urban is fading?
- How cities and regions are defined in a digitalizing world?
- What kind of opportunities do new conceptualization and theorization efforts in the literature (planetary urbanization, assemblage, complexity, resilience, adaptation capacity, etc.) offer to comprehend, define and intervene in urban and regional development?
PLANNING AND INSTITUTIONALIZATION OF PLANNING
- Evaluation of current urban and regional policies: How can we evaluate existing policies and institutionalisation of planning for the future of cities and regions?
- What do changes in the institutional structure of planning and disappearance of its institutional foundations at particular scales (e.g. in regional planning) in Turkey mean?
- The search for re-structuring planning in Turkey: To what extent participatory and consensus-oriented planning can bring solutions to contemporary problems and which problems?
- What are the reflections of post-truth arguments on the institutionalization of planning? How can different opinions and conflicts be internalized in the planning process?
POLICY AND GOVERNANCE
- A new roadmap: To what extent are urban and regional policies meaningful today?
- How and to what extent can rational, inclusive and innovative policies be developed?
- Is it possible to create just, smart and sustainable cities through an urban transformation? Can re-use and social sustainability concepts be utilized in efforts to design just cities?
- The basic principles of local governance: What type of urban and regional governance models are needed in order to deal with social, economic and environmental problems and climate change and to create just living habitats?
Sing up to linkedin KBAM group and start discussion or participate in discussions.
sign up to KBAM facebook
To follow in Twitter: sing up to twit_KBAM